What's in a name?

One of the things I spent the most time on when thinking about starting a blog was deciding on the name.

I feel like so much rests on a name; an identity, a first impression, an attention catcher, and it’s a long-term commitment.

Green and White Wilbur Text
(You can't tell me you don't think of Wilbur the pig from Charlotte's Web when you see that nametag!)

So I pondered and slaved and really tried to figure out what I would call this thing that was about to be a million little snippets of my soul.

It made sense to me to name it for what it would be mainly about. Then I came to my first problem; indecisiveness is a killer, y’all.

Closed Brown Wooden Doors Inside Poor Lighted Room

I have so many topics that are dear to my heart and are passions of mine that I couldn’t even bring myself to narrow my scope.

So then I thought, okay, I’ll see what those topics have in common.

Woman Drawing Colorful Circles

The only commonality I could come up with is that they’re things that I love and things that I feel are vital to my very being; who I am as a person, as well as vital to what I am put on this Earth to accomplish.

Now, the ball was rolling (at least the metaphorical ball wasn’t stuck in a ditch the size of Texas anymore, if you catch my drift).

Tilt Shift Lens Photography of Stone

The conclusion I came to through all of my contemplation was that these are all pieces of my life that give me my purpose. So that’s exactly what this blog is about; finding your purpose and going in the direction of that purpose.

Woman Stands on Mountain over Field Under Cloudy Sky at Sunrise

A verse that really inspired me to begin this journey was Jeremiah 29:11: “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

Silhouette of Trees

I wrote before about how starting a blog is just about the bottom item on the list of things I thought I’d be doing, but I felt called to do it, so here I am, following after my purpose in this world.

I hope I’m able to inspire you to start searching for your purpose as well, which may mean stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something you never thought you’d be doing.

Woman Wearing Brown Long-sleeved Dress Stepping on Brown Pillar Stands

Thanks for joining me!

What are some of the things you're passionate about, and that make you who you are? Also, what are some things you'd love to hear/learn about through this blog? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts