The Beauty of Making Your Own Smoothie Bowls

Acai bowls are all the rage these days, but who needs acai? Sure, it adds a pretty color and a fancy name to make your breakfast seem exotic. I’ve always loved acai bowls, but who wants to pay like $10 for one of those bad boys?!

It’s a no from me, dawg.



I figured, I make smoothies all the time; why couldn’t I make a smoothie bowl (no acai necessary unless I want to really go nuts) at home?

I used banana, frozen mixed berries, frozen strawberries, and vanilla greek yogurt for the smoothie, and then had chia seeds, slivered almonds, pepitas, granola, banana slices, and more berries for the topping.


It was niiiiiice, and look how beautiful that purple color is! (I had to take a bite of it to clear some toppings and show the color)


And it tasted pretty dang good too. You could also think about adding some nut butter, shaved coconut, or any other creative ingredient you feel like trying. The bowl is your experiment; let those creative juices flow people!

I’m a huge fan of mixing textures in my food; give me some crunchy with some smooth and then we’re talking. The nuts and crunchy granola in this really kicked my usual smoothie up a notch.

Have you ever ventured to make your own acai-like bowl at home? How did it turn out? What would be your perfect flavor and texture combo? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts