Quinoa, Asparagus, and Goat Cheese Salad

Wow, it's been a crazy few weeks to say the least! I'm amid a full-time clinical rotation for PT school, writing a case report on a patient of mine, and beginning to study for our comprehensive exams along with all the normal life things such as celebrating birthdays (and Christmas a little..or a lot late with friends), planning bridal showers, and taking care of a sick husband! I'm so pleased to have a weekend without too much going on for the first time in a while!

Today I've got a treat for you. This recipe. Mmmmm you can thank me later. Enjoy!


I'm always on the hunt for recipes that are delicious, healthy, quick, easy, and cheap. It's almost impossible to fulfill all of those stipulations, but I really think that this recipe does.

It's so decadent and scrumptious, while also being healthy and using fresh ingredients and grains. Can I just tell you that I'm in love with this dish?! I know you will be too.

Let me know what you think in the comments, and don't forget to subscribe to Pursuit of Purpose to be notified of any content I add (especially yummy recipes like this one)! Happy cooking!


Quinoa, Asparagus, and Goat Cheese Salad


Ready in ~30 minutes
Serves 2-3 people as meal, 4-6 as side dish

Ingredients

  • 1 lb asparagus
  • 1 T + 1 t olive oil (divided)
  • ½ t salt
  • ½ C quinoa
  • 1 C water
  • ⅓ C chopped pecans
  • 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
  • 1 t red wine vinegar
  • ¼ t garlic powder
  • Salt to taste


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Trim bottom of asparagus off (discard) and cut asparagus into 1”-2” pieces.
  3. Add asparagus to a baking sheet and drizzle 1 T olive oil and salt (to taste) overtop. Toss to coat, then arrange in single layer.
  4. Bake for 17-20 mins and remove from oven; set aside.
  5. Meanwhile, add quinoa and water to saucepan and boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 mins, until liquid has evaporated. 
  6. Add quinoa to a bowl with all remaining ingredients and mix. Serve and enjoy!


Bon appetite!

Comments

Popular Posts